CLASSICAL TABLA PLAYER | INNOVATIVE PERCUSSIONIST | MUSIC COMPOSER | TEACHER
Anuradha Pal’s story is that of courage, fortitude, commitment and creativity. Through sheer grit and insurmountable talent, she stormed the male bastion of Indian rhythm as a 9-year-old child prodigy, encouraged by her parents Ila & Devinder Pal, establishing herself as amongst the World’s leading and most innovative, classical Tabla players and composers, ‘who is constantly re-inventing and pushing the dimensions with her experimentations’.
Revered globally for her superb tonal quality, complimenting musicality and pinpoint rhythmic artistry, founded on decades of dedicated study, saadhana and sacrifice, first-generation Tabla Star Anuradha Pal is appreciated for her fresh perspective and knowledge of 6 Gharanas of Tabla, her sensitive and thoughtful accompaniment with leading masters of Hindustani and Carnatic music and dance, creator of 3 unique bands – Stree Shakti, SuFoRe, Recharge, and as an International collaborator with World music, poetry, painting etc.; all of which have distinguished her as India’s celebrated Torchbearer and trailblazer with many firsts to her credit!
- ‘First Ladies awardee’ from Honourable President of India for being the first female and Youngest Indian musician to perform at Woodstock and WOMAD festivals for 4 lakh and 1.5 lakh fans respectively.
- Outstanding musician of Ministry of Culture and ICCR (2018).
- TOP Grade Vidushi of Prasar Bharati (2015).
- Awarded Maharashtra Government’s highest cultural award, ‘Sanskritic Puraskar’ (2006).
- Brand Ambassador of Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Yojana as an inspirational female empowerment icon.
- Appreciated as ‘Bharat ki Laxmi’ (by Hon’ble PM Narendra Modi), and acknowledged in the Press, Who’s Who Journals and various books for her unwavering efforts to empower the youth, women & marginalised music communities and to propagate Indian music, culture and spirituality worldwide.